Caro Emerald

I love this lady! Caro Emerald's album 'Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor' is definitely going on my christmas list. The album features ballroom jazz, cinematic tangos, groovin' jazz tracks and infectious mambos that sound like they were recorded in the golden age in Hollywood's most celebrated recording studios. But the smoking beats, catchy songs and inventive production mark Caro out as a present-day phenomenon. She's fun, light hearted and so easy to listen to. I can't help but dance whilst doing my housework when she is on the radio.

Here's a track from the album 'That Man'.



And if you liked that, here is a little bonus (it's nearly christmas after all!) her acoustic 'You're All I Want for Christmas' with Brook Benton was just recorded in the last two weeks, and here it is: